Monday, July 21, 2008

What I Did on Summer Vacation

Stay inside because of the rain.

We went to SSI last Wednesday for a long beach weekend. I was looking forward to Lullabelle's first beach trip and was anxious to see if she loved it as much as Sandy. I couldn't wait for mornings on the beach reading books, afternoons shopping and napping, and evenings of good food and movies.

Sadly, it rained A LOT and we stayed inside. And our favorite casual place - Gnat's Landing - was closed for cleaning. Marc and I did see Wanted (loved it!!) and Hellboy II (could have waited for the dollar theater) and relaxed.

And Saturday, we drove down to Little Talbot Island in Jacksonville where Marc participated in a sprint triathalon - quarter-mile swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run. And he came in third in his division. WooHoo! Marc is disappointed, but I was so proud. He shaved three minutes off last year's time and would have won but for a bottleneck at the turns during the swim. Marc is also not training for sprints, he's working towards the Louisville Ironman. I took some video with our little used videocamera and as soon as I figure it out, I'll post it here.

And as a side note, Little Talbot Island is a beautiful place! Very natural and undeveloped. They have camping there that I'd love to try sometime.

1 comment:

praveenboss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.