Friday, June 4, 2010

28 Weeks

I am 28 weeks pregnant today. And earlier this week, I had another visit to the doctor. I have finally gained more weight - 14 pounds total thus far. The doctor says I am right on track and I should expect to gain 12-14 more. When I saw the number I had a moment - I have never weighed this much. Of course, Marc put in in perspective. He hasn't see that weight since 8th grade.

My blood pressure is normal, my belly is measuring 26 weeks, and Baby's heartbeat is nice and strong. The nurse had a hard time calculating it, though, because he won't stay still. As soon as the nurse would find it, he'd move away. Baby is clearly his ironman father's son, not his couch-potato mother.

They also took blood for the glucose test. I am really hoping it turns out fine, because Baby has a serious sweet tooth.

And as I mentioned, baby moves around A LOT. I was laying on the couch this week and Marc could see my belly moving. When he is awake, Baby is in a constant state of motion. Sometimes it catches me by surprise and I jump, and sometimes a knee or elbow travels across my tummy and it actually hurts.

No comments: