Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Memphis, Part II

We were in Memphis, so we had to see Graceland, right?  Wrong! It was $31 per person to tour it.  I didn't want to see the Jungle Room that bad.  So Marc and I settled for driving past it a couple of times and then checking out some souvenir shops. What was most interesting to me was that there was this beautiful house set in the middle of empty car lots and gas stations.  I'm guessing Memphis has changed a lot since Elvis was there.

Graceland, from the car

Our lovely friends the Rowes live near Little Rock, Arkansas, and they made the two-and-a-half hour drive to Memphis to see us.  It was such fun, and made me wish they were closer. Can you tell we had a good time? :-)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really need to take 1 serious picture if I have a hope if being a politician!

McD said...

If you use these pictures in a campaign, I'd be MORE likely to vote for you.