Sunday, April 22, 2012

32 Weeks

I am 32 weeks pregnant today.  And this has been a ROUGH week for me.  I came down with a horrible, awful cold or flu or bronchitis or something.  Whatever it is, I have had a sore throat, horrible cough, fever, stuffy nose, body aches, and assorted other things that all go along with it.

This week was also Honors Week, and Wednesday I was in charge of a revamped Presidential Honors Day Luncheon, so I could NOT be sick.  After a rough Saturday and night, I went to urgent care on Sunday and they gave me an antibiotic.  After another rough night on Sunday, I called my OB and was given some cough syrup. But between those two and the Tylenol, my fever didn't go away and everything got worse.  And it was now hurting under my belly when I coughed and I had completely lost my appetite. And I could only sleep for 20 or 30 minutes a night.

So I made an appointment Wednesday afternoon at the OB's office as soon as my luncheon was over and had a great visit with a mid-wife.  I was given a z-pack and told to take Muscinex and four hours after I had taken the first dose, I was feeling much, much better.  I am still tired and weak and recovering, but getting there.

Charlie still likes to say Hey and Bye-Bye to everything - Hey Sandy, Hey B-Ball, Bye Bye Crab, Bye Bye Daddy.  He is also starting to use some complete and completely understandable phrases and sentences - Wheres Football? Why Mama? And my favorite from Saturday morning - Daddy Poot Poot. 

No comments: