Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What can I say?

Grandma Lorene passed a week ago today, in the early hours of the day. I know she is in a better place, and I am so glad she did not suffer a long or painful illness. But it has been a sad, tough week for those of us who loved her.

At funerals, the family gets together and it was wonderful to spend some quality time with my aunts, uncles, cousins and cousin's children. And I have to say that my cousins and their husbands rock! The best part of the weekend was eating pizza in the hotel after the funeral. We really do need to see each other more often.

And I am most grateful that Grandma Lorene was at my wedding. It makes that day even more special. She was a strong woman who raised four strong daughters, who in turn raised a whole other generation of independent women. I hope I can pass that same strength to my children.

No comments: