Friday, January 23, 2009

Goooo Dawgs! GymDawgs, that is.

My god daughters joined me for a Gym Dogs meet on Monday. It was the annual "pink-out" meet, where we all wear pink and they raise money for breast cancer research. After pizza downtown (What did you expect? There's a reason they call me Mary Pizzas!) we made our way to the Coliseum to watch a great meet between UGA and Utah.

As you can tell, the girls got into the pink-out spirit! And I had a great time explaining how we wanted to cheer for Georgia. By the end of the meet, the girls were proclaiming that they did not like Utah. :-) The harder part was explaining the breast cancer ribbon, and I hope I gave an adequate explanation - that people get a disease called breast cancer, and we were wearing pink and the gymnasts had the ribbon on the uniform to show that we want them to get better.


The younger Carlton girl had on a lovely new purple heart necklace. She totally floored me when she told me that it was fragile, and that all hearts were fragile except for those made of stone. She may have meant stone in the literal, heart-shaped stone sense, but I like to think that she is already a profound young lady.

No comments: