Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Tidbits

They are putting in our new countertops as I type. YIPPEE!!! Living without a kitchen sink is tougher than I thought it would be. I still have to do some re-grouting once everything is installed and maybe a little touch up paint. And we have to replace an outlet that was destroyed in the process.

Before they put in the countertops, I had to empty out the cabinets below, so nothing was damaged during the installation process. This was a great opportunity to clean the cabinets and reorganize. And I discovered that we had three almost-full bottles of Fabreeze and several bottles of kitchen cleaner under the sink.

Marc had his pre-op visit today, with surgery scheduled for 7:30am on March 5. That means we have to be at the hospital at 6am that day. Yuck. He will stay overnight and check out the next day, barring any complications.

And after surgery, Marc will be out of work for 2 weeks. Two weeks of not exercising. Two weeks of not driving or even riding in a car. Two weeks of rental movies and video games. Two weeks of driving me nuts, for which he has apologized in advance. :-)

No comments: