Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good News

Last week I mentioned that we had been to the hospital for a biopsy. And I am so happy that everything came back benign. Very good news!

But I am a little peeved. I was told by the surgeon that I would just have a biopsy. Described it to me and everything. Instead I had a lumpectomy.

I am glad I had a lumpectomy - it's what I really wanted. Get it out and don't worry about it. But the surgeon isn't a mind reader and I kinda think he should have told me that's what would happen.

The recovery was longer than I anticipated and while I am sure that three days of sleep and two additional days of taking it easy were exactly what I needed, I wish I could have planned for them. I'm a planner - I need to know these things so I could have been better prepared for lazy days and stocked the fridge instead of making to do lists!