Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Am All Good

The good news - I only had a two day work week this week! Yay!!!

The bad news - I won't be having as much fun as I hoped on my days off.

I had a biopsy this morning on a lump. I found it about three months ago and went to my doctor to have it checked out. He thought it was fine, but just to be sure - and because Mama had breast cancer - he sent me to have a mammogram and an ultrasound.

The radiologist could feel the lump but couldn't see it on the films, so he sent me to a surgeon. The surgeon thought it was not cancer but to be 100% sure, we should biopsy it.

So Marc and I were at the hospital at 6am this morning for a little out-patient surgery. The doctor said it all looked VERY good and he is quite certain that it will come back benign. We were out by 11am and I've slept for most of the day. I feel fine, but will evidently be sore tomorrow. And I can't shower for 48 hours. that means I can't spend my days off wondering around Target like I planned!

But don't worry - I've got good dogs taking care of me. And Marc - after two nights of working late and little sleep - has been fabulous. He got me to the hospital with no complaints and is taking very good care of me. He's brought me lunch and dinner in bed and fussed at me when I tried to do laundry. (I know, I know! But I am just not made to do lay around and do nothing!)

I'll keep you updated, But as I said in the title, I am all good!

3 comments:

jayandcourtney said...

glad to hear the news looks good from the doctor. we are thinking about you

Christy said...

Keeping you close in our prayers. Love you!

Mommy's 3 Little Monkeys said...

Sending you the best of well wishes!