Monday, October 18, 2010

Homecoming 2010 - Parade - UPDATE

Last week was a long one for Marc. He's advises the students at UGA that plan Homecoming, and they had a week full of activities. Friday was the parade, which was a lot of fun. Here is Marc and his Homecoming Coordinator Luke with the Parade's Grand Marshal, super fan Big Mike Woods.


Typically, The Bossman is in the parade in an antique car, driven by the car's owner.  But this year, the car broke down and he was in a convertible.  Marc wanted to make sure that The Bossman was driven by someone safely, so he asked me to do it.  (Marc was clearly having a panic moment.  He's seen me drive!)

So The Bossman and I were in the front part of the parade behind the band, and it was all going well. Until the end.  I didn't know the parade path - I was just following those in front of me. But the band just sort of stopped and dissipated.  The Bossman knows the route well, this being his 13th parade, and told me to turn by the courthouse.

But he meant City Hall - two blocks over.  So I led the rest of the parade the wrong way.  Pretty sure Marc won't ask me to drive again!
UPDATE:

Here's me behind the wheel, before I went off the rails

And here's Marc and Russ, our interim mascot

No comments: