Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sunday as a Single Mom

Sunday Marc was flying back from Seattle, where he had a show. And my mom had headed off for a few fun days with her sisters at the beach.  So it was just me and Charlie in Athens.  He started by playing for a while and then got really tired at 9am.  So I thought he could lay down with me on the couch for a quick catnap before we went grocery shopping.


Three hours (!!!) later, Charlie woke up. We had very little in the house for him to eat (I had planned to buy stuff at the store)  But I scrounged him up some lunch and during his regular nap time, we went to Publix.  After racing up and down the aisles, we ran home and I put the cold stuff in the fridge.  Then we quickly headed back out to the park.

Charlie had a great time swinging, and the people watching was fun, too.


The Charlie went on a climbing spree.  It was tough to keep up with him alone.







And then we got home. And with the change in naptimes, Charlie was a cranky man. He decided it was time to test Mama. And he didn't like hearing no. So until bed time, this was the expression worn around the house - by both baby and mommy!

No comments: