Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rosie Get Your Gun

Yesterday, Rosie had an allergic reaction.  My dad was holding her and I noticed that tears were streaming down her face.  I thought, "That's weird - didn't hear her cry."  Then I noticed it was only her left eye, which was just a bit swollen and red.  And that the left side of her face was red and blotchy. 

Don't worry, after a bath, a change of clothes and some benadryl, Rosie is fine.  But I could not figure out what was causing it.  Rosie had come to gymnastics for the first time and there is chalk dust everywhere.  Could it be chalk?  And I had her in the Baby Bjorn for the first time, but I had washed it in her detergent, and her face had been against my shirt, which she has been laying against for three months.  And those had been two hours previous to the blotchy-ness.  The reaction shouldn't have taken that long.

Then my mom said that my dad had been shooting squirrels earlier in the day in the t-shirt he was wearing.  And it happened as soon as he picked her up. A-HA!  Rosie reacted to gunpowder residue. 

I guess we will be keeping her away from the gun range for a while.

No comments: