Friday, November 2, 2012

Carving our Pumpkin

 
The weekend before Halloween, Charlie and I decided to carve our pumpkin.  I was planning on a simple Jack-o-lantern face, but Marc had a great suggestion - we should get a carving kit. It had tools and stencils and everything.  Charlie picked this out to carve:
 
 
Lucky for me, it was one of the easy stencils.  Charlie and I were off!
 

We dug out the guts and then taped down the stencil.

 

And then Charlie got bored and started eating chips. 

 
 But I went right along, sawing out our design. 
 
 
This sawing part was harder than I thought.  So I started eating the chips.
 
 
Charlie decided to try and help.  I ate more chips.
 
 
They are some good chips.
 

The finished pumpkin!  It kinda looks like a goblin.  But Marc bought a cool light that you put in it and it changes colors.  That hides the imperfections :-)
 

 
 

No comments: