Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lightning McQueen Charlie

This year for Halloween, Charlie was his favorite character - Lightning McQueen.  He loves the movie Cars, so I tried to find a good costume but could only find race car driver outfits.  That's not what I wanted for him.  
 
After perusing Pinterest, I looked at some pictures and thought this was something Marc and my mom could create.  Marc drew the sides of the car and my mom took them home and attached them to a diaper box and molded the car body. 
 
Then Marc went to work on the details.  And when I say details, I mean every single little thing.  I would have just slapped some yellow lightning bolts on the side and blue circles up there for eyes but not Marc.  Check out the detail!
 
 

 
Then I attached ribbon to hold the costume.  And then, we had a race car.  Ka-chow!







 
Even Rosie wanted to give it a spin.  Unfortunately, her head is bigger than Charlie's and it didn't quite fit.


 

1 comment:

Christy said...

What a wonderful costume and a memory that Charlie will always treasure! I know that he has and will spend many hours playing with it. I hope there is somewhere you can save it. I still have my homemade sheep, smurfette, and Raggedy Ann costumes that I cherish :-)