Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sandy Nell

I have held off in posting this, because I just couldn't bring my self to think about it.  I loved Sandy Nell more than I even realized and I have been a bit empty without her.
 
I know letting her go was the right thing, but it hasn't been easy.  These are pictures of Sandy the morning we took her to the vet, and she doesn't look feeble.  And while her body and mind were letting her down, she had a strong heart that didn't want to let go. 
 
Here is my girl before we went to the vet, peeing on the world (or our front yard) one more time -
 



 
After we let Sandy go, Marc and I drove her to Conyers, where my mom met us.  Mama took Sandy home to Hampton and buried her along side the pets we had as children.  I just couldn't do it, and I am so blessed to have a mom that could be strong for me.
 
A few weeks later, I did go visit Sandy, and am so glad that she is at peace.



 
Here are some happier, heathier times.  I loved that doggie so much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

katherine said...

Oh, Mary. I am so sorry. I know how much you loved Sandy girl & I'm sure she knew it, too. She was such a sweet & friendly girl!
It is so very hard. I "ugly cried" while reading this, as I'm very familiar with that empty feeling. Max was my doggie soul mate and I miss him everyday. I hope Sandy & Max are hanging out together knowing how much they were treasured.
Wrigley & I are sending you all our love & big hugs.