Saturday, March 22, 2008

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Thursday night, the laptop died. Marc said the light that was plugged into the same outlet flickered. And after that, it was dead. Gone. Over. And it took with it all my pictures and wedding menus and address lists - ARGH! I know you should back everything up, and I did. A year ago.

So last night we made a trip to Best Buy, where the Geek Squad confirmed the computer had gone to computer heaven, and took the power cord along with it. The Geeks told me they could recover the hard drive. For $100. But if that's what it takes, do it. And then we went to Sam's and bought a shiny new laptop.

I had great dreams for that tax refund. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh no!!! I'm glad you were able to recover the goods from the dead laptop. Nearly the same thing happened to our computer. I was frantically trying to save all my pics while it kept blacking out on me! So stressful!
Congrats on your new laptop....hate that about the tax money.