Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rub-A-Dub

Our dogs hate bath time - HATE it! Usually they go to the groomers once a month for a good scrubdown. Then for the rest of the month Sandy will get sprayed with doggie spray and Lullabelle will get a bath every weekend.


Once we got down to Pensacola, the girls were stinky. So we decided to give them a bath. This was a little different, though. Instead of in my bathtub, we were outside in the back yard. Can't you see the joy on their faces? :-)


Lullabelle actually got a bath twice in two days. The second came after she had the most fun ever in her doggie life. I had not felt well that day (I took a pain killer on an empty stomach and paid for it all day) and I was laying down. When I got up, I went to check on the dogs in the backyard and got a surprise.

See, the LaMottes have a fenced-in back yard and the dogs just love to be out there without their leashes. And we can leave them out there alone and not worry about them getting out. Sandy rolls in the grass and basks in the sun, while LB sniffs the smells and chases squirrels.

But the LaMottes have a neighbor who has a tree that is too close to the fence. And the roots from that tree are pushing the fence up. If it weren't for the following event, I wouldn't have even noticed.

So as I was saying, I go outside to check on the girls. Sandy is basking, and when I look for LB all I see is her bootie sticking out from under the fence. She was TRYING TO DIG HER WAY OUT UNDER THE FENCE!!! I ran over to her and yelled her name. She scooted out to see me, covered in dirt and sand, with the biggest doggie smile I have ever seen. Lullabelle was having the BEST time!

She has never tried to dig before, and we have no idea what possessed her to try and tunnel. Chuck (Marc's dad) fixed the hole and blocked off the area. And as Marc was giving her the second bath, I was wishing I had gone outside with my camera. The doggie butt sticking out was so funny, and that grit-covered grin was priceless. I wish I could show it to you! But I guess that's a moment that LB and I only will share.

No comments: