Sunday, July 24, 2011

11 Months!

I set out to get some great pictures of my 11 month old (!!) today.  But Charlie doesn't sit so still anymore. So what I got was a lot of this


and this


and this.


And Charlie has definite opinions about what he wants to do. {No idea where he got that from :-) } So I also got a lot of this


and this


and this.


But finally, we found a smile in our almost-one-year-old (!!) and I caught it on camera.


Charlie is growing so quickly that everyday we make a new discovery or learn something new.  He can walk but prefers to crawl because it is faster.  When he walks between us, Charlie makes it a game and takes a couple steps and then dives into your arms laughing. 

Charlie is a talker.  He can babble on and on.  He has starting making S sounds and I think he is saying Yes.  He is very clearly saying Uh-Oh now (and upgrade from Uh-Uh) but doesn't quite know when to say it.  

Charlie has started to thin out, and I wonder what his weight percentile will be next month at the doctor.  We have started to put him on whole milk, but slowly and only little bits at a time.  He has a very happy disposition, but he wants both Marc and I with him in the play area and gets upset when he sees one of us leave. (So we have to make sure he doesn't see us leave.)

And Charlie is finally getting some good sleep at night. (I am knocking on wood as I type this.)  He has, for the past four nights, slept all the way through without a middle-of-the-night feeding.  And he is sleeping between 9 and 11 hours, which means Marc and I are sleeping much more and are lots and lots happier!

No comments: