Friday, July 8, 2011

Born on the 2nd of July

My mom is almost an Independence Day baby - she missed the 4th by two days.  But it is close enough to have a celebration for both America and Mama!


It's always a lot of fun to have family and friends hang out together for the day. In fact, I did so much hanging out that I didn't get may pictures.  I missed Mama blowing out her birthday candle (with the help of my cousin's daughter Carlie.  It was SO cute!) and I missed Charlie's first real injury - he busted his lip open falling on the floor. But here are a few of the shots I took:  

Mama and Caylin, the newest member of the family.
 
The required cousin picture.  We must have one when we are all together.

Charlie loved this toy - the flashing lights!  The whurring noise!  The ease with which it slid across the floor!

Where there is a glass door, there is a funny-faced Charlie
Carlie and Aunt Dot, all decked out in red, white and blue

I tried to get a picture of all three of Mandy's kids on the swings.  But someone is blurry in every one!  So here's a pic where they are all blurry :-)

Charlie and Papa Kirby, after the aforementioned lip-busting.  CK sucked on ice until he fell asleep and was perfectly fine when he woke up. I was more traumatized by my by my saying it was not a big deal and then seeing my child shed blood, even if it was only a couple of drops.

No comments: