Sunday, December 11, 2011

13 Weeks

I am 13 weeks pregnant today.  And it has been a rough 13 weeks.  This pregnancy was a big surprise but once we found out, it explained a lot.  So that's why the cold I got a month ago lasted for so long.  And that's why the cold was so bad, even though it was just a cough.  And that's why I threw up when I would cough and why I've felt so tired.

And since we've found out, the morning sickness has gotten very bad.  With Charlie, I just felt like I would get sick and only threw up a couple of times.  This time around, I have become good friends with the toilet and the trash can.  If the all-day sickness is any kind of forecaster, this baby is going to be a hellion. We have found a pill - Zofran - that helps greatly, but my insurance company will only give me 24 every 30 days - not nearly enough to take 3 a day.  So yesterday I decided not to take the pill to try and save it for the work week.  BIG MISTAKE.  I could barely get out of the recliner, and when I did it was to get sick.  I threw up everything I ate and drank and then when there was nothing left, I would just wretch. So I have taken my pill this morning.  But I only have 4 left to last me the next 11 days.  I bought a pill cutter, and I may try taking a half and see how that works.

No comments: