Sunday, February 12, 2012

22 Weeks

I am 22 weeks pregnant today.  Friday I had a check up with my doctor and everything is going well.  Baby's heartbeat is good, but they had a hard time calculating it.  It was easy to find, but as soon as we heard it she moved.  What normally takes 10 seconds took almost two minutes because she was too busy to stay still for a sill heartbeat counter.  I've gained another 2.5 pounds, but only 7.5 overall this pregnancy.  In fact, I weigh as much now as I did when I got pregnant with Charlie.  But there is nothing to worry about.  Baby looks fine, and we know it is just due to how sick I was the first trimester and a half.

Charlie had a rough Thursday night.  He ate like normal and went to bed like he always does.  But he woke up at 9:30pm screaming and when Marc checked on him, he had thrown up in his bed.  Marc got him and I started taking the sheets off when Charlie threw up again in the hall.  And it splattered everywhere.  Marc bathed him while I cleaned.  And Charlie seemed fine, just upset.  So we went to my room to lay down, where he vomited again.  This time I bathed and Marc cleaned.  Charlie continued to get sick late into the night and we eventually trained him to lean over the trashcan.  Of course, by that time it was mostly just retching.  There is nothing sadder than Charlie crying with his head resting on the trashcan. 

Charlie didn't sleep much, and Marc and I got even less.  It just seemed to be a 6 hour virus, because Friday he was okay.  He ate saltines and drank water.  But he was sooooo tired.  I went to work but came home early and he mostly just sat in my lap or laid on my shoulder.  He had played with Marc in the morning before his nap but had been less active in the afternoon.  He feel asleep in my lap at 6:15 and when we put him to bed, he slept for 13 hours.  Which meant I slept for almost 12.  Going to bed before 8pm on a Friday may not be cool, but it was fabulous!

Saturday it hit Charlie on the other end.  It started during his nap - the first one woke him up and when I went in to his room, Charlie said, in the most sad, pathetic voice, "Poopoo." We can't even tell you how many diapers we went through.  And just when we got his hiney clear of diaper rash, it's now raw. We are hoping today and this week brings us a healthier Charlie.

No comments: