Thursday, January 3, 2008

Reflections on 2007, Part Four

FOOTBALL! One of the best things about living in Athens is the proximity to my beloved Bulldogs. I was quite upset early in the season at our unemotional play and our ugly, ugly play on the field. But mid season, the team hit a turning point and we ended up with a fabulous season. If you watched the trouncing of Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl, you know what I am talking about.


Tailgating gets two thumbs up!
There was some great tailgating at John's campus apartment this year, and we owe him a huge thank you for his hospitality. Marc and I may have only gotten to stop by for an hour or two each Saturday, it was great relaxing with our friends. And we loved to have friends in from out of town for the games.

This year, Marc was in charge of homecoming, and in my biased opinion, it was the best homecoming in Georgia's history. Marc's parents were in town and our friend Ashley graced us with her fabulousness. I enjoyed watching from the sidelines with my handsome co-worker Matt as the king and queen were announced.



I only went to one away game this year - if you count Georgia/Florida as "away." My brother and I were in SSI with his family and had a good time at the game. We had great seats and the BEST parking spot (We were out of Jax in no time!)and of course, the UGA win topped it all off.


We are really hoping for a spectacular 2008 season. It's just nine short months away!

No comments: