Sunday, January 15, 2012

18 Weeks

I am 18 weeks pregnant today.  I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, but no ultrasound.  Just a check up.  I've finally started to gain weight instead of losing it and have added 5 pounds.  The nausea is mostly gone, but it has been replaced by a nasty case of bloating and gas caused largely by a poor diet and a side-effect of the anti-vomit medication. And the reflux has begun.  But I had all these symptoms with Charlie so I am prepared - Gaviscon and Tums!  Baby's heartbeart is strong and fast.

Charlie went for his yearly visit with the pediatric cardiologist to check on his heart murmur.  It is still there but everything sounds and looks very good.  It may never bother him.  But we will go back every year for a check up.

And while we were at Disney, Charlie began to get two new teeth on his bottom jaw.  He seemed to get his first 6 teeth so fast, and then nothing for months and months.  I've watched as other kids in his class got more teeth and worried that Charlie might be the first recipient of kiddie dentures.  They've broken through the gums and are just kind of sitting there, little teeth nubs.

No comments: