Friday, May 21, 2010

26 Weeks

I am 26 weeks pregnant today. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, it came in handy during our trip to New York. In Atlanta, they took me to the front of the airport security line. And in NYC, we were getting tickets to a Broadway show at the TKTS booth, which sells same-day tickets at half price. Their policy it to take pregnant ladies out of line, let them sit and then go to the front of the line when the booth opens.

On the downside, the air pressure on the plane ride to NYC caused my left foot to swell. It was amazing - I could actually feel it happening and had to loosen my tennis shoe after about 20 minutes in the air because it had gotten so big. I didn't have that problem on the flight back.

However, as we were loading the plane back to Atlanta, the lady at the ticket counter decreed that my bag was too big to carry on and would have to be checked. The same bag that fit just fine in the overhead bin on the flight two days before - and for the seven years before that!!! You just don't take a pregnant lady's bag!

So, of course, I started to cry. Because lately, I cry for no reason and can't stop. This has not been Marc's favorite part of the pregnancy; it ranks only slightly higher that the first trimester gagging and nausea.

No comments: