Saturday, March 22, 2014

Off to the Races

We made it to the Wide World of Sports complex, where the race was to be run, with a few minutes to spare.  Charlie was in his new race shirt and Rosie was cute as can be in her skirt and the same onesie that Charlie wore in his first Disney race.


I stationed myself along the side with my camera and Marc was going to run with the kids.  Waiting is the hardest part.







They were set to be in the second or third wave, but Charlie heard "GO!" for the first wave and took off!




So I took a few pictures then ran after him.  He crossed the finish line as I got to him, grabbed him and took him back to Marc. And boy, was I out of breath!

But then we got ready for the next heat, knowing this was the real race.























Charlie ran even harder the second time.  I got a few quick shots of Rosie then went to chase Charlie down.



Disney has it set up where if you are not running with your child, you have to show a tab from his race bib to for him to leave with you.  A claim ticket. Even when I took a couple of shots of Rosie, I never lost sight of Charlie.  until I went to "claim him."  There were about 4 seconds where I lost sight of him - longest 4 seconds ever.  I knew he was safe and holding the hand of a race volunteer, but the panic I felt in those 4 seconds was intense.  Charlie, of course, never knew.  He was just proud of how he had "run so fast!"

No comments: